Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake recipe (Egg-Free, Dairy-Free)
Vegan, Gluten-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Grain-Free
- 360 grams Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour (or 2 1/3 cup unsifted, or 3 cups very well sifted)
- 2 cups granulated maple sugar or regular sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (sub carob for AIP)
- ¾ cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups cold water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cocoa together into a large bowl. Mix.
- Make three wells. Pour avocado oil into one well, vinegar into second, and vanilla extract into third well.
- Pour cold water over all and stir well with a fork.
- Pour into a 9x14 baking pan or two 8" round pans. We have not found it necessary to grease the pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Frost with your favorite icing. Recipe for ours is below.
Gluten-Free, Egg-Free, Grain-FreeIngredients
- 1 cup organic, non-hydrogenated shortening
- ½ cup ghee or butter or vegan alternative
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Simply combine shortening, ghee, maple syrup and cocoa powder in a bowl and whip with a hand blender until light and fluffy.