Recipe by Back Porch Paleo
The best part about donut holes is that since they come from the middle of the donut, all the calories actually stay in the donut, making the donut hole a completely free food!!! Ok...that's not true at all...BUT...these bite-sized donut holes are a truly satisfying little puffy treat that is as tasty as it is light, sweet, and fun.
- 1 cup Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Ceylon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar
- ¼ cup ghee
- ¼ cup maple syrup, room temperature
- ¾ cup full fat coconut milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons Primal Palate cinnamon sugar cookie blend*
- ¼ cup ghee, melted
- Preheat an electric cake pop maker.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and set aside.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, add ghee & maple sugar and mix until fluffy with an electric mixer...add maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla & egg to ghee mixture and combine well.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients & mix until well combined.
- Spoon batter into a clear plastic bag, snip corner off of tip and fill electric cake pop maker...bake until done, ours takes around 4½ mins...remove donut holes to a cooling rack and let cool completely before coating.
- Place cinnamon sugar cookie blend in one bowl and melted ghee in another...dip a donut hole in melted ghee to cover, then toss in cinnamon sugar blend to coat...place back on cooling rack, repeat. Makes approximately 22-24 donut holes!