Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake recipe (Egg-Free, Dairy-Free)
Vegan, Gluten-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Grain-Free
Our version of Crazy Cake (also known as Wacky cake) is a super EASY, springy, rich, chocolate cake that no one will ever know is gluten or grain-free! It mixes together like a dream in ONE BOWL (so cleanup is a snap!) and is free from both Eggs and Dairy! It’s so delicious and easy to make that it’s a great tool to get kids active in the kitchen. Fun Fact: Wikipedia says it may have been created as the result of rationing during World War II, when milk and eggs were scarce.
- 360 grams Otto’s Naturals – Cassava Flour (or 2 1/3 cup unsifted, or 3 cups very well sifted)
- 2 cups granulated maple sugar or regular sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (sub carob for AIP)
- ¾ cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups cold water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cocoa together into a large bowl. Mix.
- Make three wells. Pour avocado oil into one well, vinegar into second, and vanilla extract into third well.
- Pour cold water over all and stir well with a fork.
- Pour into a 9x14 baking pan or two 8" round pans. We have not found it necessary to grease the pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Frost with your favorite icing. Recipe for ours is below.
Gluten-Free, Egg-Free, Grain-FreeIngredients
- 1 cup organic, non-hydrogenated shortening
- ½ cup ghee or butter or vegan alternative
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Simply combine shortening, ghee, maple syrup and cocoa powder in a bowl and whip with a hand blender until light and fluffy.