French Lemon Tart
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free
Recipe by Zenbelly
For the Crust:
- 140 grams Otto’s Naturals – Cassava Flour (approximately 1 cup)
- ½ cup avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 3 tablespoons water
- Pinch salt
For the Filling:
- Zest of one lemon
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice (about 5-6 lemons)
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut cream, from a chilled, unshaken can of full fat coconut milk
Make the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine Otto’s Naturals – Cassava Flour, avocado oil, salt and maple syrup.
- Press into a 9-inch tart pan. Using a fork, poke holes all over the bottom of the crust. Chill in refrigerator at least one hour (optional but will make a sturdier crust)
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes
Make the Filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs, sweetener, and coconut cream.
- Pour into the par-baked crust and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until just set (the center should still jiggle a little bit and will firm up as it cools).
- Allow to cool completely before serving, about one hour.