Note from Otto's: This recipe from @lilsipper is delicious and not at all hard to make. It does take some time and patience though so I tend to do it while watching something on tv. That way my ADHD doesn't kick in ;p
1 cup Otto's Cassava Flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Flax Egg (1 Tbsp flaxmeal + 3 Tbsp water)
1/2 cup water, room temp
2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F
2. Combine cassava flour and baking soda in a large bowl, then add coconut oil and flax egg. Mix well.
3.*Most will need to add a sweetener of choice (honey/maple syrup/coconut sugar/stevia, etc - but I didn't use any for me personally. Add 1 Tbsp at a time until preferred sweetness is achieved. Note from Otto's: We used maple syrup and it was delicious!
4. Add 1/2 cup water and with hands, kneed batter into a dough.
5. Optional - Cut each mini choc. chip in half (careful not to cut yourself!) then add them to your cookie dough. Kneed again with hands until choc. chips are well incorporated. Note from Otto's: We did not cut the mini chips in half, it still turned out great!
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roll tiny balls (no larger than the size of a penny when flattened) and place on cookie sheet. ~Press each down to flatten.
7. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip and continue baking for another 5 minutes (watch closely as they can burn quickly due to their size). Note from Otto's: We were too lazy to flip. Still turned out great!
8. Let cool completely (cooling helps them "crisp up").
9. Pour over milk, add to ice cream, yogurt, or snack by the handful!
Makes approx. 130 Cookie Crisps!