½ cup ghee
½ tsp sea salt
1 cup water
1 cup cassava flour (120g)
5 large eggs
1 tbls water
1. Preheat oven to 375̊ and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium sauce pan, combine ghee, salt and water over medium heat and bring to a boil. Quickly stir all flour in with a wooden spoon, stirring constantly until a nice dough ball has formed.
3. Transfer dough to bowl and cool slightly for about 3-4 minutes. Add 4 eggs one at a time, stirring vigorously after each one and incorporating completely after each one, set aside.
4. Prepare egg wash with remaining egg and 1 tablespoon water, by adding to a small bowl and using a fork to combine.
5. Transfer the dough (pate a choux) to a large pastry bag fitted with a plain round tip. Pipe 1½” rounds onto prepared baking sheets. Smooth any pointed peaks on the puff with a moistened finger.
6. Brush tops with egg wash and bake for 25-30 minutes or until puffs rise and are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
7. Fill with your favorite pastry cream and serve immediately. Store any unfilled puffs for up to a day at room temperature.