Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Paleo Pancakes Recipe
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Nut-Free, Dairy-Free
Pancakes, flapjacks, hotcakes...whatever you call them, there's one thing most everyone agrees on: a big fancy breakfast ain't nothin' without a big stack of these babies. This gluten and grain-free pancake recipe is a simple and accessible option for satisfying your breakfast dreams. Now, who's ready for breakfast?!
- 1 ½ cups of Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour (un-sifted, Approximately 200-210 grams)
- 2 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Up to 1-3/4 cups whole milk or yogurt (or 1 cup coconut milk buttermilk* plus ¼ cup water for Paleo**)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
*Coconut Milk Buttermilk – Put 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice in a 1 cup measuring cup and fill the rest of the way with coconut milk. Let sit 5 minutes before using
**This amount might vary slightly based on egg size and coconut milk brand
- Mix dry ingredients together and incorporate wet ones. Let sit for at least 5 minutes. Batter will be ever so slightly thicker than traditional pancake batter, but still pourable.
- Cook on medium heat till tops start to bubble and firm up a bit. I usually make ours on an electric griddle set to just under 250 degrees Fahrenheit
Note: Since stovetop temps vary check to make sure the underside is done before flipping. It will take a little longer to cook than a traditional pancake would. Don't let your pan smoke or the outside will overcook before the inside is finished.