Gluten-Free French Crepe recipe
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Nut-Free
Crepes are the perfect marriage of eggs, milk, and flour in our humble opinion. It's not an omelet, it's not a pancake...it's a decadently beautiful little wrap that serves as the perfect platform for everything from savory ham, gruyere, and spinach to sweet and heavenly fruit-filled breakfast bliss. This gluten and grain-free recipe is super easy to work with and is sure to elevate your breakfast game any day of the week.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ¾ cup Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients and salt, and mix well with a whisk.
- Slowly sift in Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour in ¼ cup increments, whisking well in between each addition to ensure no lumps.
- Heat a non-stick pan or a lightly-oiled, well-seasoned cast iron skillet over medium-low heat (not too hot!)
- Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle and tilt the pan immediately with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 30 seconds -1 minute until the crepe loosens from the bottom of the pan. Once loosened, flip the crepe and cook the other side until opaque.
- Stack on a plate.
- Serve hot with either sweet or savory fillings.
Note: Don’t try to get fancy here and use all milk, your batter will turn out too heavy.