Gluten-Free French Crepes
Gluten-Free French Crepe recipe
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Nut-Free
Bonjour, fellow brunch lovers! There’s something about French Crepes that just oozes with charming bistro vibes and sophisticated taste…even when they’re stuffed with PB and bananas, or big dollops of whipped cream (or crème if you’re fancy). So it’s nothing short of luxurious to whip up a fresh batch of these super simple, gluten- and grain-free crepes in the comfort of your own kitchen, any day of the week. Thin and pliable, these flavorful crepes can lean either sweet or savory. Juicy, seasonal berries are always a hit, but we also love them with a simple spritz of lemon juice and sprinkle of powdered sugar. For heartier appetites, try herby scrambled eggs and crisp pancetta, or a generous portion of melty cheese. Your imagination is your only limit!
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ¾ cup Otto’s Naturals – Cassava flour
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients and salt, and mix well with a whisk.
- Slowly sift in Otto's Naturals - Cassava Flour in ¼ cup increments, whisking well in between each addition to ensure no lumps.
- Heat a non-stick pan or a lightly-oiled, well-seasoned cast iron skillet over medium-low heat (not too hot!)
- Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle and tilt the pan immediately with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 30 seconds -1 minute until the crepe loosens from the bottom of the pan. Once loosened, flip the crepe and cook the other side until opaque.
- Stack on a plate.
- Serve hot with either sweet or savory fillings.
Notes: Don’t try to get fancy here and use all milk, your batter will turn out too heavy.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes