Flaky Cassava Flour Pie Crust
Every pie starts with a perfectly-made pie crust. This easy-to-make gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free recipe will help you achieve the deliciously flaky crust your amazing pie deserves!
- 1 cup Otto’s Naturals - Cassava Flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup ice water
- egg wash (optional - you can brush with plain water to keep egg-free, it just won't be shiny)
- In a food processor, combine Otto’s Naturals - Cassava Flour, sugar, and salt by pulsing briefly.
- Add cold butter and process until butter is the size of peas, about 5 seconds.
- Add ice water, one tablespoon at a time, until just moistened and crumbly.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface and shape into a disk. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a circle big enough that it hangs over the sides of your pie pan.*
- Transfer pie crust to 9inch pie pan and use your fingers to fit against the sides. Refrigerate while you prepare desired filling.
NOTE: The dough can be made up to 3 days in advance and refrigerated. Allow it to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes or until pliable before rolling.
*TIP: If the dough starts to crack while rolling, use ice water to patch it up.
Try out some of our favorite recipes using this Flaky Pie Crust:
Check out our Apple Galette recipe here:
Check out our Pecan Pie recipe here: