Grain-Free Blueberry Pie
Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free
This delicious paleo Blueberry pie crust using Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour TRULY IS EASY!!! With a light and crispy crust and a delightful blueberry filling this pie is a true showstopper. It is the perfect edition to any summer picnic and anyone who tries it won't believe its Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free AND VEGAN!
- 1 paleo pie crust
- 1 3/4 cup fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 cup sugar or granulated maple sugar
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1/4 cup Otto’s Naturals - Cassava Flour
- Prepare Paleo Pie Crust according to cooked crust instructions.
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 cup of blueberries, sugar and 1/4 cup of water to a boil.
- Make a flour paste with 1/2 cup of water and Otto’s Naturals - Cassava Flour.
- Add flour paste to boiling mixture, stirring quickly with a whisk, until mixture thickens.
- Set aside and cool.
- Once cool, add the remaining 3/4 cup of blueberries to the filling and spoon into prepared pie crust.
- Chill until ready to serve.
How to store a Blueberry Pie:
When well stored, blueberry pie can stay fresh in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. Once the pie is completely cooled, cover lightly with plastic wrap or foil. Blueberry pie can also be frozen, just wrap tightly with plastic wrap or foil and place inside a freezer bag.
What goes well with Blueberry Pie?
Anything! The classics are freshly whipped cream or ice-cream. If you want something with a little bit of sweetness that isn't overpowering, try adding vanilla extract to your cream while whipping it, it's delicious and works so well with this Blueberry Pie!