Best Gingersnap CookiesRecipe by @backporchpaleo
- 1 1⁄2 cups Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (If using salted butter, decrease salt to ½ teaspoon)
- 3⁄4 cup organic palm shortening or unsalted grass-fed butter
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons maple sugar, divided
- 1 egg, (or 1 flax egg for vegan)
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mat.
- Combine flour, baking soda, spices and salt in a medium bowl, whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add shortening and 1 cup maple sugar. Mix with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and molasses, continue mixing until well combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing well to combine.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons maple sugar to small bowl, scoop dough into tablespoon sized balls, roll in maple sugar and place on prepared baking sheet about 2” apart. Before baking flatten dough slightly with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake 8-10 minutes for a softer inside, 12-14 minutes for a more crisp cookie.
- Remove from oven and let set on baking sheet for approximately 3 minutes, then remove to cooling rack. Cookies will crisp up as they cool. Should get approximately 48 cookies.