Easy Homemade Spinach Tortillas Recipe (Grain-Free, Gluten-Free)Recipe by Fork and Beans
Simple to make, full of green goodness, AND free of all the unnecessary ingredients in the store-bought variety, these Spinach beauties are sure to become part of your weekly meal prep. Top with shredded chicken and cheese, beer-battered fish and asian slaw, or roasted veggies and avocado - the possibilities are endless with these versatile tortillas!
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan, add the spinach and water, bringing to a small boil, covered. Allow to wilt for 5 minutes. Place in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Whisk together the flour and salt in a medium bowl. Add the spinach puree and olive oil into the flour mix. Add 1 tablespoon of water if the flour mix is too dry. Add more water (if needed) until the dough does not stick to your
fingers. We have found that using your fingers to mix the dough is better than a spoon! Be sure to break the dough in half and feel the inside too. If too sticky add a tablespoon of flour at a time until smooth and easy to roll
out/work with. Create two smooth balls and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Create 3 equal sized balls from each dough ball. Roll between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Heat the tortilla for one minute on each side or until nice brown spots develop. Note, these won’t bubble the way that the original tortillas do, so just keep your eye on them to ensure those nice brown marks appear on each side.
- Place in a tortilla warmer or on a place covered with a tea towel.