Classic Grain Free Chocolate Chip CookiesRecipe adapted from the original Nestle Tollhouse Cookie recipe.
- 240 grams Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp kosher sea salt (reduce to 1 tsp if using regular sea salt)
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted grass-fed butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed organic light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips or to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and cane sugar with a hand mixer until light and slightly fluffy (a stand mixer would work too).
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and incorporate well.
- Add in the flour mixture and stir briefly by hand so you don’t get covered in flour. Finish with hand beater till mix is well incorporated.
- Once everything is well combined, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of batter onto a baking sheet. No need to press on them unless you have stored dough in your refrigerator. They'll spread on their own.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes until golden. Let them sit on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.