Classic Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie recipeRecipe adapted from the original Nestle Tollhouse Cookie recipe.
These 'just-like-momma-used-to-make' Chocolate Chip Cookies are as delicious (if not better) than the classic recipe you know and love. Better yet, with an easy swap in of Otto's Cassava Flour, these are made gluten & grain-free! The hardest part is waiting for them to cool before devouring them - just like when we were kids.
- 240 grams or 1 2/3 cup of Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher sea salt (reduce to 1 teaspoon if using regular sea salt)
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips or to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, cane sugar, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer until light and slightly fluffy (a stand mixer would work too).
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and incorporate well. Eggs should be added one at a time.
- Add in the flour mixture and stir briefly by hand so you don’t get covered in flour. Finish with hand beater till mix is well incorporated.
- Once everything is well combined, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of batter onto a baking sheet. Flatten if needed.*
- Bake for 9-12 minutes until golden. Let them sit on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
*Climate, altitude, and brands of the ingredients you choose all affect whether or not the cookies flat on their own. We recommend baking one cookie in the oven to test, prior to baking the entire batch.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 12 Minutes
Total Time: 22 Minutes