Classic Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookie recipeRecipe adapted from the original Nestle Tollhouse Cookie recipe.
These 'just-like-momma-used-to-make' Chocolate Chip Cookies are as delicious (if not better) than the classic recipe you know and love. Better yet, with an easy swap in of Otto's Cassava Flour, these are made gluten & grain-free! The hardest part is waiting for them to cool before devouring them - just like when we were kids.
- 240 grams or 1 ¾ cup of Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp kosher sea salt (reduce to 1 tsp if using regular sea salt)
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted grass-fed butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed organic light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips or to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, cane sugar, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer until light and slightly fluffy (a stand mixer would work too).
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in the flour mixture and stir briefly by hand so you don’t get covered in flour. Finish with hand beater till mix is well incorporated.
- Once everything is well combined, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of batter onto a baking sheet. No need to press on them unless you have stored dough in your refrigerator. They'll spread on their own.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes until golden. Let them sit on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.