Cassava Flour Cheese Crackers
Cheese Crackers Recipe
Cheesy? check. Salty? check. Crunchy? check. Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Nut-Free and Egg-Free too?? Check, check, check!!! These Cassava Flour Cheese Crackers pair beautifully with nearly anything you want to top them with. They're even perfect standing on their own as a quick on-the-go snack. This is a BIG recipe too, providing you with 7-8 dozen crackers so the effort keeps paying off!
- 2 ½ cups Otto’s Naturals - Cassava Flour
- ¾ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- In your food processor, fitted with dough blade (or stand mixture with dough hook) combine 2 1/2 cups Otto’s Naturals - Cassava Flour, 1/2 cup olive oil, salt, water, shredded cheddar cheese, and garlic powder. Process until a smooth dough is formed.*
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Roll out one portion on a silpat with a piece of parchment paper on top until 1/16 inch thick.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut rows (about 1 inch) diagonally, and repeat horizontally to create squares. Prick each cracker using a fork (to avoid puffing). Brush crackers with remaining ¼ cup olive oil. If desired, lightly salt the tops of the crackers.
- Bake at 400 on a middle oven rack for 6-8 minutes or until lightly brown and crispy. (I suggest turning your rack after the first 4 minutes of baking)
- Transfer baked crackers to a cooling rack, they will get crispier as they cool.
NOTE: Crackers that are thinner will start to brown. Adjust cooking time according to the thickness of your crackers.
This gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free Cassava Flour Cheese Crackers recipe is made possible by Otto’s Naturals – Cassava Flour, which gives you taste and texture never before thought possible with “allergen-free” foods. You get to savor foods that taste just like their traditional counterparts but without having to sacrifice your health. We hope you and your family enjoy this recipe as much as ours did!