Grain-Free Twix Copycat
Grain-Free Twix Copycat
We've ReMixed the Twix! This ReTwix recipe is a game-changer and a crowd pleaser. No one will believe these little delights are gluten-free, much less grain-free! Bonus: They're also Nut-Free and Paleo friendly if you use coconut or granulated maple sugar. In short: You need them in your life.
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter (melted)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup Otto’s Naturals Cassava Flour
- 1 ½-2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cup Sweet Apricity Caramels (or caramel of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line an 8x8" pan with parchment paper.
- For the Crust mix melted butter, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add flour and mix until combined. The dough will be thick. Press firmly into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the edges are browning. Once removed from the oven, let cool.
- Once the shortbread is cool, bring an inch or two of water to a simmer and then place the bowl or another pot with your caramel inside over top. You want it to fit snugly without touching the water. Stir constantly until caramel is completely melted.
- Immediately pour on top of shortbread. Place in the freezer for ~30 minutes.
- Remove caramel + shortbread from the freezer and remove from the pan. Gently flip it over so the shortbread side is facing up. Slice in half and cut into 1 inch thick pieces.
- Create a second double boiler for the chocolate. Once fully melted, quickly and carefully dip pieces into chocolate and set on a parchment paper-lined tray. Let sit for 10 min and drizzle the remaining chocolate on top. Place in the freezer for 30-45 min so the chocolate can fully solidify. Remove, let come to room temperature and enjoy!
What Makes Otto’s Naturals Cassava Flour the best choice for this recipe?
Otto’s Naturals’ main goal is to provide an option for families challenged by food allergies and intolerances. Otto's Cassava Flour is unlike anything your kitchen has ever experienced. It is an all-natural, amazing, and grain-free replacement for wheat flour and can often be used as a 1:1 substitute in countless recipes. There are no fillers. Only 100% Yuca (Cassava) and water are used to create this single-ingredient wonder.
Why Use Parchment Paper?
Here are 3 reasons why you should use parchment paper:
- It helps regulate the temperature, and neutralize hot spots.
- Eliminates sticking.
- It’s makes cleaning up much easier.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as we enjoyed sharing it with you all. Comment down below if you were able to try it and send us some love by sharing photos of your Twix Copy Cat version in your review or on social media by tagging @ottosnaturals. We can wait to see your ReTwix!