Easy Cauliflower Gnocchi Recipe
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, AIP, Vegan, Plant Paradox
Recipe adapted from @LilSipper
Is there anything cauliflower can't do? These days, the veggie that was once your childhood nemesis is now the most versatile food in your fridge. From cauliflower pizza crusts, to cauliflower rice, cauliflower comes in all forms. And now, teaming up with the power of cassava flour, there's even cauliflower gnocchi. Striking the perfect balance of flavor and texture, this lower carb, gluten, grain and nut-free gnocchi recipe is going to revolutionize your Italian food dreams. We recommend you make this one ASAP!
Whether drizzled in extra virgin olive oil or dressed with a sprightly green pesto, these cauliflower gnocchi are the pillowy things dreams are made of. Otto’s cassava flour remix of this popular dish is brimming with comfort-food flavor. For an irresistible twist on traditional gnocchi, pan-sear cooked gnocchi until golden for a crisp yet fluffy texture that will persuade you to double your next batch.
For a quick mid-week meal pop uncooked frozen cauliflower gnocchi right into your heated and lightly oiled pan. Once soft and cooked all the way through, coat with your favorite sauce and enjoy!
- 2 c frozen cauli rice or 2 ½ c frozen cauliflower florets
- ¾ c – 1c Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil
- Steam cauliflower according to package directions, then pureed in a blender. This should produce 1 cup of pureed cauliflower. Note: Frozen Cauliflower is lumpy stuff so it’s hard to get an even cup. It’s totally expected that the cauliflower will peek out above the top of your measuring cup!
- Combine the warm cauliflower puree with the cassava flour to make a dough. Note: ¾ cup will produce a more delicate dough to roll out but the pillowy-est gnocchi. 1 Cup will make the dough easier to roll out and produce a little milder cauliflower taste, but firmer gnocchi.
- Knead with your hands until they dough is fully incorporated and makes a large soft dough ball.
- Break off pieces the size of a clementine and form into a ball.
- Take the ball and with the palms of your hands roll out on your countertop until it produces a log about ½” in diameter.
- Cut the dough into 1” long pieces.
- Once all the dough is rolled out and cut, drop them into the boiling water in batches. The gnocchi will float to the top when done. Remove and drain. Either combine with your favorite sauce or give it a light pan fry with your favorite cooking oil or butter. Or both!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Who knew that cauliflower, the ever-boring side dish, would become the star of the show!
Need a few more reasons to try it this one out? We have it covered.
- It’s easy! If you are worried about how to cook cauliflower gnocchi, don’t be! The recipe requires only TWO ingredients. Cauliflower (obviously) and Otto’s Cassava Flour, an all-natural, grain-free replacement to wheat flour. If you’re new to the world of Cassava Flour, check out our blog post, “What Is Cassava Flour,” explaining all there is to know about the ingredient.
- Cauliflower gnocchi is for everyone, meaning it meets almost all food diet requirements. Paleo, Vegan, Dairy-free, AIP, Gluten-free, Grain-free, Nut-free, Plant based, Plant Paradox and even Egg-free.
- It’s quick! Only 30 short minutes stands between you and these pillowy, delicious bites.
- Have we mentioned that they’re delicious? We’ll say it again. This recipe is frankly too delicious not to make. Remember to save this page, because we think you’ll want to make it again and again!