Easy Cauliflower Gnocchi Recipe
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, AIP and Vegan
Recipe by @LilSipper
Photo Credit: @matcha_and_margs
Is there anything that cauliflower can’t do? These days, the veggie that was once your childhood nemesis is now the most versatile food in your fridge. From cauliflower pizza crusts, to cauliflower rice, cauliflower comes in all forms including cauliflower gnocchi. Striking the perfect balance of flavor and texture, this lower carb, gluten, grain and nut free gnocchi recipe is going to revolutionize your Italian food dreams. We recommend you make this one ASAP!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 1⁄2 cups Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
Instructions1. Steam cauliflower until tender, then transfer to a blender (do not add any liquid) while still hot and puree until creamy.
2. In a large bowl, mix 1 cup of cauliflower puree (reserve the rest for another dish) with Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour. Use hands to knead until a dough ball forms. IMPORTANT: This step must be done while cauliflower puree is still hot/warm.
3. After you have a large ball, form into desired shape. You can cook immediately or store in fridge to cook on a different day.
4. To cook, drop gnocchi in boiling water. When they float to the top you know they are done. Optional step: after boiling, quickly pan fry before topping with your favorite sauce. Enjoy!