French Lemon Tart
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free
Recipe by Zenbelly
For the Crust:
- 140 grams Otto’s Naturals – Cassava Flour (~1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- Pinch salt
For the Filling:
Make the Crust:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine Otto’s Naturals – Cassava Flour, avocado oil, salt and maple syrup. The dough will look like a thick cake batter.
3. Mix in 3 tablespoons of water (the water will actually make the dough thicker and drier, believe it or not). If the dough is still on the wet side, add another 1⁄2 - 1 tablespoon of water.
4. Press into a 9-inch tart pan and place on a baking sheet. Using a fork, poke holes all over the bottom of the crust.
5. Bake for 12 minutes
Make the Filling:1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs, honey and coconut cream.
2. Pour into the par-baked crust and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until just set (the center should still jiggle a little bit and will firm up as it cools).
3. Allow to cool completely before serving, about one hour.