Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Recipe
If Carrot Cake and Pineapple Upside Down Cake had a baby, this would be it. Both are classic desserts loved by many. Together they are unstoppable! Made with freshly grated carrots and crushed pineapple this recipe is nut-free, grain-free and gluten-free. Use an alternate frosting and it's also dairy-free. Any way you slice it though, it's delicious.Ingredients
- 360 grams Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour (or about 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups organic cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups avocado oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 – 8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 5 1⁄2 cups powdered confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Sift together Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl beat eggs slightly and add oil. Beat together.
4. To the egg and oil mixture, add carrots, pineapple, and vanilla mix well.
5. Gradually add sifted dry ingredients to egg and oil mixture, stirring well after each addition.
6. Pour into greased and floured 10” tub pan or two 9” layer pans or 9” x 12” sheet cake pan. Bake until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean
(Tube pan for 1 hour) (Layer pans for 35 minutes) (Cake pan for 45 minutes).
1. Beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth.
2. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and beat together. Add vanilla. Beat until frosting is smooth.
3. Spread on cake once it is cooled.