Gluten-Free Lemon Poppyseed MuffinsRecipe By @damvxf
- ¾ cup organic sugar (or equal parts coconut sugar/maple sugar mix)
- ½ cup butter, or ghee, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 ½ cups Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup to 1 cup full fat coconut milk or regular milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a muffin pan with liners.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut milk and vinegar. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter, until fluffy. Add in the egg yolks and mix thoroughly.
Stir in lemon juice and zest.
- In a separate bowl, combine Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add milk mixture and flour mixture to the large bowl of ingredients. When mixed, stir in poppy seeds.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites. Fill muffin pan and bake for about 15-18 minutes.