Gluten-Free Lemon Poppyseed Muffins RecipeRecipe By @damvxf
A breakfast staple, lemon poppy seed muffins are a complete classic. Light and fluffy, yet filling and satisfying, these muffins are full of flavor. Lightly lemon in taste, these muffins are filled with small poppy seeds, which give these breakfast bites a subtle crunch of texture. Enjoy with your favorite mug of morning coffee or tea. Remember to snag an extra for a mid-afternoon sweet treat! *These muffins are gluten-free, grain-free and nut-free.
- ¾ cup organic sugar (or equal parts coconut sugar/maple sugar mix)
- ½ cup butter, or ghee, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 ½ cups Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup to 1 cup full fat coconut milk or regular milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a muffin pan with liners.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut milk and vinegar. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter, until fluffy. Add in the egg yolks and mix thoroughly.
Stir in lemon juice and zest.
- In a separate bowl, combine Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add milk mixture and flour mixture to the large bowl of ingredients. When mixed, stir in poppy seeds.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites. Fill muffin pan and bake for about 15-18 minutes.