Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets Recipe (Chick-Fil-A Nugget Copycat)
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free
Recipe by @coffee.with.kindra
Crispy, crunchy Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets are back on the menu, thanks to this revamped Otto's Cassava Flour version! An easy brine coupled with a delicious blend of spices keep the chicken tender, juicy and oh-so-flavorful.
- 1-pound chicken breast, diced into small cubes
- 1 cup dill pickle juice for brine
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 ½ cups Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Soak chicken in pickle juice for 4 hours (this brines the chicken).
- Mix egg with milk in a medium bowl.
- Drain pickle juice from chicken.
- Put chicken in egg/milk mixture. Soak while preparing next step.
- In a large Ziploc, mix Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour and seasonings.
- Heat oil on medium or to 375 degrees.
- Add chicken to flour bag, zip shut and toss to coat chicken evenly.
- Cook chicken in oil in small batches, turning to cook evenly. Nuggets will cook in 3-4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 4 Hours
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour and 5 Minutes