Gluten-Free White Cake
Gluten-Free White Cake Recipe
With a hint of almond and a light, moist texture, this gluten-free and grain-free Almond Cake is a recipe you'll turn to time and time again. It's also versatile enough to make as a layered cake or cupcakes, so get creative with toppings and enjoy the decorating!
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour
- 245 grams Otto’s Naturals – Cassava Flour
- 30 grams arrowroot
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 ½ cups (305 grams) white sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine Otto’s Naturals – Cassava Flour, arrowroot, baking powder and salt. Sift together three times (Note: Must sift all three times)
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add ½ cup sugar gradually and continue beating only until meringue will hold up in soft peaks.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter until smooth. Gradually add remaining 1 cup sugar, and cream together until light and fluffy. Add sifted ingredients alternatively with milk, a small amount at a time, beating after each addition until smooth. Mix in vanilla extract and almond extract. Add meringue and mix thoroughly into batter.
- Spread batter in a 15” x 10” x 1” pan which has been lined on the bottom with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool cake in pan 10 minutes, then remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
NOTE: This cake may also be baked in two 9” round pans for 30 to 35 minutes, three 8” round pans for 25 to 30 minutes or in cupcake tins for 15-20 minutes.