Gluten Free Mexican Wedding CookiesRecipe by Recipe by: Ashley Castle Nutrition
- 1 ½ cups Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour *
- ½ cup organic powdered sugar (plus additional for dusting, approximately 1⁄2 cup more)
- 1 cup pastured butter or ghee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup – 1 cup chopped pecans (add more based on preference)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment or in a medium bowl using a hand mixer, cream together butter, vanilla, and 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar. 3. Add Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour 1⁄2 cup at a time and salt and mix to combine.
4. Gently mix in pecans.
5. Using a small cookie scoop (approximately 1 tablespoon sized), scoop dough, gently roll into a ball you’re your hands, and place on your lined cookie sheets. If you find your dough is too soft at this stage, you can refrigerate it for a few minutes.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown on bottom (oven cooking times may vary)
7. Let cool completely. Add additional powdered sugar to a small bowl and toss cookies (this is easiest with one at a time) until covered. Traditional recipes call for a second dusting of sugar once the cookies are completely cooled, but this is entirely optional.
8. Let cool completely and enjoy! Keep stored at room temp or in the fridge in an airtight container.
* Note: Add one extra tablespoon Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour if you live in a more humid climate, as the cookies can be a little too soft and crumbly without it.