Gluten-Free Peach Pie Crumble RecipeGluten-Free, Grain-Free, Nut-Free
Recipe by Back Porch Paleo
Perfect for those last few weeks of summer when the peaches are ripe and juicy! Best of all, it's free of nuts, eggs, gluten/grains and is Paleo-friendly. Make this Gluten-Free Peach Pie Crumble at your next barbecue or dinner party - it's a real crowd-pleaser!
- ¾ cup Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
- ½ cup cold butter, cut up into ½” chunks
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Paleo Pie Crust (optional Egg wash for crust)
- 6-7 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- In a medium sized bowl, add Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour, butter, sugars, salt and cinnamon. Using a pastry cutter, blend butter into dry ingredients until all butter is incorporated evenly and resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375° degrees Fahrenheit and prepare paleo pie crust, placing in a 9" pie plate/tin. Set aside.
- Sprinkle approximately 6 tablespoons of crumble mixture in the bottom of the pie crust.
- Place peaches in a large bowl, add 6 tablespoons of crumble mixture to peaches and using a rubber spatula, carefully stir peaches to coat.
- Add peaches to pie crust, arranging as needed to fill in gaps. Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture on top of peaches. If using an egg wash for crust edge, apply that at this point.
- Place pie on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Check pie crust edge and if it’s getting too brown, cover with a crust guard or foil. Return to oven and continue baking for 10-15 minutes longer or until filling is bubbling. Cool completely before slicing and serving. Store any uneaten pie in refrigerator