Pecan Tahini Chocolate Cookie Bars
Pecan Tahini Chocolate Cookie Bars Recipe
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan
Recipe by Chef Bai
Drop everything and make these bars! This recipe checks all the boxes - it’s grain-free, gluten-free, refined sugar free, and vegan! Hard to believe but these cookie bars will knock your socks off and make you feel like a million bucks after. Try not to eat them all at once!
- 2 chia eggs (1 chia egg is 1 teaspoon ground chia seeds + 2 ½ teaspoons water, mixed)
- ½ cup tahini
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cashew milk (or nut milk of choice)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cups ground pecans (throw whole pecans into the blender for a few seconds)
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons Otto’s Naturals - Cassava Flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips - divided
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl, add chia eggs, tahini, coconut sugar, vanilla, nut milk and melted coconut oil.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In another medium sized bowl, add ground pecans, Otto’s Naturals - Cassava Flour and baking soda. Mix well.
- Slowly start to combine the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients ¼ cup at a time until all the dry ingredients are combined into the batter.
- Add half of the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pour and press batter into the prepared pan.
- Top with pecans, the rest of the chocolate chips and sprinkle with a tiny bit of sea salt
- Cook for 20-25 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge and try to not eat them all at once!
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 20-25 Minutes
Total time: 40 Minutes