Gluten Free Tart Crust
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free and Vegan
Recipe by Zenbelly
When it comes to dessert categories, one of the most versatile and wonderful culinary worlds to play in is tarts. From lemon to blackberry, pumpkin, rhubarb, or strawberry, tarts are the dessert that makes every event classier. In the same way that great architecture requires great design, the foundation of every great tart is a light and flavorful crust and this recipes delivers! Free of gluten, grains and nuts, this tasty tart crust is easy to make and the perfect platform for all your tantalizing tart dreams.
- 140 grams Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour (~1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup avocado oil
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional for a sweet crust)
- 3-4 tablespoons water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour, avocado oil, salt and maple syrup. The dough will look like a thick cake batter.
3. Mix in 3 tablespoons of water (the water will actually make the dough thicker and drier, believe it or not). If the dough is still on the wet side, add another 1⁄2 - 1 tablespoon of water.
4. Press into a 9-inch tart pan and place on a baking sheet. Using a fork, poke holes all over the bottom of the crust.
5. Bake for 12 minutes if par-baking or 16-18 minutes if baking completely.