Gluten Free Tart Crust
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free and Vegan
Recipe by Zenbelly
- 140 grams Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour (~1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup avocado oil
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional for a sweet crust)
- 3-4 tablespoons water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour, avocado oil, salt and maple syrup. The dough will look like a thick cake batter.
3. Mix in 3 tablespoons of water (the water will actually make the dough thicker and drier, believe it or not). If the dough is still on the wet side, add another 1⁄2 - 1 tablespoon of water.
4. Press into a 9-inch tart pan and place on a baking sheet. Using a fork, poke holes all over the bottom of the crust.
5. Bake for 12 minutes if par-baking or 16-18 minutes if baking completely.