Grain-free Peanut Butter Brookie
- 1 bag Otto’s Naturals brownie mix (either Paleo or Classic)
- 2 eggs* (substitution info below)
- ½ cup avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag Otto’s Naturals cookie mix
- 1 egg or flax egg
- ½ cup melted butter or dairy free alternative (Avocado oil works here too!)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the brownie ingredients and stir until smooth. Spread the brownie batter into the parchment paper lined pan.
- In the same bowl, combine the cookie ingredients. Stir until everything is combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of the cookie batter over the brownie in the pan. No need to spread it out.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Allow the Brookie to cool completely before cutting and serving.
*for egg free brownies do the following:
- 1.5 Tbsp ground chia (measured after it's ground)
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 cup water
- and cut the oil in the recipe in half.
Why Avocado Oil is best for making Brookies?
Avocado oil makes a great, healthy substitute for vegetable oil. It is unrefined, and high in healthy fat. Avocado oil can be used for medium to high heat which means it’s great for baking. You can use it here in both the Brownie AND the Cookie layers. Yay!