Cassava Flour Banana Bread Muffins - with cinnamon crumb
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free
Recipe adapted from Zenbelly's Banana Bread recipe
This Cassava Flour Banana Bread Muffin recipe is super easy to make (you only need one bowl!) and takes less than an hour to whip up. The best thing though is that it’s gluten-free, grain-free AND nut-free but no one would ever know!
Cassava Flour Banana Bread Muffins - with cinnamon crumb topping
- 3 bananas (about 1 ½ cups when mashed)
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup avocado oil
- ¾ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 grams Otto's Naturals - Cassava Flour (1 cup)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup packed brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ¼ cup Otto's Naturals - Cassava Flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan with 12 muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork (the consistency can range from completely smooth to chunky, depending on your preference).
- Whisk in the eggs, avocado oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, whisk together Otto’s Naturals – Cassava flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Divide the batter into the 12 muffin liners.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until a coarse crumble forms. Sprinkle the crumble over each of the 12 muffins.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until dark golden brown and baked through. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring the muffins to a cooling rack.
What are the best bananas for banana bread muffins?
For banana bread and muffins the riper the banana the better! You can use yellow bananas of course, but when bananas start to get spotted and black they are at their sweetest and it's prime time to make this recipe!
If it's not a convenient time to make this recipe when your bananas are ready, no problem! Just peel and freeze. Then all you have to do is let them thaw in your mixing bowl when the time is right!