Gluten-Free, Grain-Free Pecan Pie
Pecan Pie holds a special place at the dinner table and in our hearts every Fall. This one is our favorite Gluten-Free, Grain-Free Pecan Pie recipe and I dare say, it can make anyone smile. For all the nut-lovers out there, this one's for you. Even better, it’s easy to make too!
- 1 cup Otto’s Naturals - Cassava Flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup ice water
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tbsp Otto’s Naturals Cassava Flour
- 1 ½ cups Maple Syrup
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups pecans (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla or bourbon
- Make Crust: In a food processor, combine Otto’s Naturals - Cassava Flour, sugar, and salt by pulsing briefly. Add cold butter and process until butter is the size of peas, about 5 seconds. Add ice water, one tablespoon at a time, until just moistened and crumbly. Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface and shape into a disk. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a circle big enough that it hangs over the sides of your pie pan.* Transfer pie crust to 9inch pie pan and use your fingers to push it against the sides. Remove excess dough.
- Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- Filling: Melt the butter, add cassava flour and stir until smooth. Add maple syrup, coconut sugar and salt and boil 3 minutes. Cool. Add beaten eggs, nuts, and vanilla, blending well. Pour into pan lined with unbaked pastry. Using a pastry brush, brush the edges of the crust evenly with an egg wash.
- Bake in a 450°F oven for 10 minutes, then reduce to 350°F and bake 30 to 35 minutes, until crust is golden and cooked through. Transfer the pan to a rack and let it cool. Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
Make Ahead: The dough can be made up to 3 days in advance and refrigerated. Allow it to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes or until pliable before rolling.
*TIP: If the dough starts to crack while rolling, use ice water to patch it up. This one's super forgiving!