Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Paleo Brownies RecipeGluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Nut-Free
Recipe by Planks, Love & Guacamole
Whether you play for Team Crunchy Edges or go straight for the dense, fudgy middles, all brownie lovers will unite over a pan of this chocolate goodness. Our Chewy Gooey Paleo Brownies are a best-loved recipe in the Otto’s Naturals office, where they rarely last past lunch (or, ahem, become lunch). With a moreish, uniquely satisfying bite from our fine-grained, super premium Cassava Flour, these brownies also feature a double dose of complex chocolate flavor by combining melted chocolate chips and pure, dark cocoa powder. Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting to achieve the best texture and neatest squares…although we wouldn’t blame you for crowning a warm, gooey chunk of brownie with a scoop of creamy vanilla bean ice cream. Actually, we highly recommend you try this. Double batch, anyone?
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line an 8”x 8” baking dish with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in saucepan on low just until melted.
- Combine dry ingredients (coconut sugar, Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour, unsweetened cocoa and salt) in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Add melted chocolate and eggs to large mixing bowl with dry ingredients. Mix to form smooth batter.
- Pour batter in parchment lined dish. Bake in preheated oven 30-40 minutes (start checking around 25 minutes since cooking time will vary based on pan and oven used).
- Allow to fully cool before cutting.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30-40 Minutes
Total Time: 40-50 Minutes