The Best Gluten-Free Pound Cake Recipe (Grain-Free)
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Nut-Free
A fresh loaf of pound cake is a buttery canvas for your creative genius—fluffy dollops of whipped cream, a colorful confetti of berries or a warm pool of salted caramel sauce. And on days when you crave a little indulgence with your cold brew, an unadorned slice of pound cake somehow also becomes the perfect snack. Our gluten-free recipe features Otto’s Cassava Flour for a rich, not-too-sweet bite with a tender, velvety crumb.
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, plus more for greasing the pan
- 1/2 cup palm shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour, plus more for dusting pan
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a mixer, cream butter and shortening together. Add sugar, a little at a time, and continue mixing for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl and add to mixer alternately with milk, starting with the flour and ending with the flour.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Pour into a greased and floured Bundt pan (10”x 4 1/2” size) and bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes, every oven bakes a little differently, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Cook Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Gluten-Free Pound Cake Recipe Pictures