The Best Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (Grain-Free)
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Nut-Free
Slightly crisp, buttery edges. Chewy, soft-baked centers. Pockets of melty dark chocolate. Our gluten-free chocolate chip cookies have earned icon status at Otto’s HQ (no shortage of taste-testers around here). While every baker has a few special tweaks that makes their CCC’s “the best,” our secret ingredient is too good to keep to ourselves. Otto’s Cassava Flour replaces traditional wheat flour in our easy recipe for thick, bakery-style chocolate chip cookies that we’re proud to share with all our friends—we hope you have just as much fun doing the same.
- 2 ¼ cups Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt*
- 1 cup butter* softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips (or chunks, or chopped chocolate, or white chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl mix cassava flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl cream together butter and sugars until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- Mix in the dry ingredients slowly, until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Roll 2-3 TBS (depending on how large you like your cookies) of dough at a time into balls and place them evenly spaced on your prepared cookie sheets. (alternately, use a cookie scoop to make your cookies)!
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 8-10 minutes. Take them out when they are just BARELY starting to turn brown.
- Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack. They will firm up as they cool and even stay soft and chewy for days afterward!
- When you remove the cookies from the oven they will still look a bit doughy. THIS is the secret! Please, do NOT overbake! Take them out when they are just BARELY starting to turn brown.
- *Butter and salt. Both Salted and Unsalted butter are great! Use whatever is your preference. Be sure to use natural Sea Salt (not iodized table salt). If you are using salted butter you may want to start with 1/2 tsp salt and adjust to your tastes. I always make it with salted butter and 1 tsp sea salt, but everyone’s taste is different, so do you!
- This recipe makes approximately 24 large cookies
Prep time: 8-10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25-30 minutes
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Pictures