The Best Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (Grain-Free)
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Nut-Free
Hunting for THE grain-free, melt-in-your-mouth, Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe to RULE THEM ALL? It's here! This is hands down the absolute best soft baked gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe ON THE PLANET. Try them. You need them. Made with Otto's Naturals Cassava Flour, no one will ever guess they're Gluten-Free, much less Grain-Free.
- 2 ¼ cups Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt*
- 1 cup butter* softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips (or chunks, or chopped chocolate, or white chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl mix cassava flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl cream together butter and sugars until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- Mix in the dry ingredients slowly, until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Roll 2-3 TBS (depending on how large you like your cookies) of dough at a time into balls and place them evenly spaced on your prepared cookie sheets. (alternately, use a cookie scoop to make your cookies)!
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 8-10 minutes. Take them out when they are just BARELY starting to turn brown.
- Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack. They will firm up as they cool and even stay soft and chewy for days afterward!
- When you remove the cookies from the oven they will still look a bit doughy. THIS is the secret! Please, do NOT overbake! Take them out when they are just BARELY starting to turn brown.
- *Butter and salt. Both Salted and Unsalted butter are great! Use whatever is your preference. Be sure to use natural Sea Salt (not iodized table salt). If you are using salted butter you may want to start with 1/2 tsp salt and adjust to your tastes. I always make it with salted butter and 1 tsp sea salt, but everyone’s taste is different, so do you!
- This recipe makes approximately 24 large cookies
Prep time: 8-10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25-30 minutes
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Pictures