Grain-Free Zucchini Muffins
This Grain-free, gluten-free Zucchini Muffins recipe is not only allergen friendly but since it’s made with Otto’s Naturals – Cassava flour, there’s no difference in taste or texture from the traditional one we grew up with. These zucchini muffins are perfect for breakfast to go with your coffee or tea. Even your kids will love these with either a cold or warm glass of milk.
- 1 ¼ cup Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar or regular sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini (slightly more if your zucchini isn’t moist)
- A handful or two of chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream oil and sugar together with a Stand or Hand mixer. Then add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Then add the dry ingredients a little at a time to the wet and incorporate them together.
- Add grated zucchini and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into lined muffin tin
- Bake for approximately 20-22 mins or until a knife comes out dry.
NOTE: A common store-bought zucchini around 8.5” x 2” diameter will yield about 2 cups of grated zucchini. This recipe can be doubled then. Also, if there’s a little extra zucchini, it could be added to the batter without adversely affecting the recipe.