Grain-Free Cranberry Orange Muffins
Cranberry Orange Muffins
Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Dairy-Free
Introducing grain-free muffins that look delicious, smell incredible, and taste even better. They're the perfect blend of tangy cranberries, zesty orange, and warming cinnamon. Best enjoyed, well, whenever you please! These muffins come with one warning, and it has nothing to do with allergens; once they come out of the oven and their aroma hits the noses of those close by they may disappear!
- ¾ cup organic sugar (or equal parts coconut sugar/granulated maple sugar mixed)
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, or ghee, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ½ teaspoon orange juice
- Zest of one large orange (two if you love orange flavor!)
- 1 ½ cups Otto’s Naturals – Cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup to 1 cup full-fat coconut milk or regular milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or coconut vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks
- 1 1/2 cup cranberries (we used frozen!)
- 3.5 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a muffin pan with liners.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and vinegar. Stir and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter, until fluffy. Add in the egg yolks and mix thoroughly. Stir in orange juice and zest.
- In a separate bowl, combine Otto’s Naturals – Cassava flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add milk mixture and flour mixture to the large bowl of creamed butter and sugar. When mixed, stir in cranberries.
- Gently fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Fill muffin pan and bake for about 30-35 minutes (for 12 medium sized muffins).