Spinach, Feta, Sun-dried Tomato Quiche with Cassava Crust
Spinach, Feta, Sun-dried Tomato Quiche with Cassava Flour crust
Is it just me, or does serving quiche to guests make ya feel a little classy? As fancy as it may seem though, this recipe is perfect for even your regular meal rotation. It doesn’t take much work to make and is great for days. Even cold. You can also get creative and use nearly anything you have in your fridge for the filling!
- 1 cup Otto's Naturals - Cassava Flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup ice water
- 1 cup chopped spinach (fresh or frozen)
- ½ tsp oil
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ crumbled feta
- ½ cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- In a food processor, combine Otto's Naturals - Cassava Flour and salt by pulsing briefly.
- Add cold butter and process until butter is the size of peas, about 5 seconds.
- Add ice water, one tablespoon at a time, until just moistened and crumbly.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface and shape into a disk. Using parchment paper or a silpat here will make transferring to your pie plate easier later.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a circle big enough that it hangs over the sides of your pie pan.*
- Transfer pie crust to a 9 inch pie pan and use your fingers to press against the sides. Crimp top if desired. (Tip: If using parchment or silpat you should be able to flip your flattened dough over onto your pie plate and patch any cracks with a little ice water.)
- Refrigerate while you prepare desired filling.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and salt until combined.
- Add spinach, sun dried tomatoes and feta to the bottom of the crust.
- Pour in egg mixture.
- Place into pre-heated oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Slice into 8 pieces. Enjoy!
NOTE: The dough can be made up to 3 days in advance and refrigerated. Allow it to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes or until pliable before rolling.
*TIP: If the dough starts to crack while rolling, use some ice water to patch it up.
What is a Quiche you ask?
Quiche is a French tart consisting of pastry crust filled with a savory egg custard and pretty much whatever else you want! Cheese, meat, seafood or vegetables are all popular choices. It makes a fantastic quick meal or snack any time of day!