Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Yeast-Free Sandwich Bread RecipeGluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free option
While bread-making has made a return to popularity in 2020, for some of us who have multiple allergies, limited time, or just limited patience, easy recipes can be few and far between. This easy peasy yeast-free sandwich bread ticks all those boxes though!
We are not kidding when we say this bread is easy to make. No need to wait for it to rise and you don’t have to dirty any bowls. Mix all the ingredients in a blender (or vitamix or food processor), pour in a bread pan, and you’re on your way to bread heaven in under an hour from start to finish. Seriously simple and seriously delicious.
This bread gets a big thumbs up from the Paleo crowd too as it’s naturally dairy-free, gluten-free and grain-free too. Plus, there is a nut-free option that’s equally as delicious. With a tender, golden crust and a moist, springy crumb, this sliceable loaf is a nourishing source of protein that will please the whole family’s taste buds.
Did we mention you don’t have to wait for it to rise? No need for a breadmaker. Just a blender, vitamix, or food processor, and an oven. What are you waiting for??
This bread is:
Prep Time: 5-10 Minutes
Cook Time: 35-50 Minutes
Total Time: 40-60 Minutes
Makes one 8x4” loaf.
Ingredients for easy yeast-free bread
- 1 cup Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
- 1 cup almond meal, cashew meal, or roasted pumpkin seed meal (make in food processor or buy). To make: pulse in food processor for about 20 seconds until it makes a fairly fine meal.
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (or sub 1 teaspoon baking soda + 1 tsp vinegar + 1 tablespoon honey)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put wet ingredients in food processor (or high speed blender) and mix. Add dry ingredients slowly and blend well until creamy and color of batter turns significantly lighter.
- Pour into greased loaf 8 x 4" loaf pan and bake until nice and brown, approximately 45-50 mins or so, depending on your oven. Top should be nice and brown.
We think it’s particularly lovely toasted and spread with tangy-sweet homemade preserves or a drizzle of honey. Slices are sturdy enough to hold all your favorite sandwich toppings together or throw on the griddle for a classic grilled cheese.
More grain-free bread recipes
Need even more bread in your life? We have recipes for everything from pumpkin bread, French baguettes, English muffins, and pizza crust. Whatever your carb craving is, we have all the gluten-free bread recipes you need.
Grain-free baking can seem daunting, but with Otto’s by your side, it’s easy. Our cassava flour acts and tastes like multi-purpose flour in baked goods. You can make any quick-bread recipe you love gluten-free by swapping it out for Otto’s. Try it in your favorite recipe by reducing the flour called for by 25%. Or try one of our many gluten-free recipes.
Delicious, single-ingredient, grain-free flour
This gluten-free, grain-free recipe was made possible by Otto's Naturals Cassava Flour -the single-ingredient flour that makes cooking and baking fun again! To get started on this recipe, pick up a bag of Otto's Naturals at your local grocer or get free shipping here on our website!