Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Yeast-Free Sandwich Bread RecipeGluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free option
As much as we adore our leafy greens, a stack of fixin’s between lettuce can only go so far in achieving true sandwich satisfaction. Enter: this life-changing recipe. With a tender, golden crust and a moist, springy crumb, this sliceable loaf is a nourishing source of protein, minus the dairy, nut flours and yeast that are commonly used in store-bought gluten free breads. We think it’s particularly lovely toasted and spread with tangy-sweet homemade preserves or a drizzle of honey. Slices are also sturdy enough to hold all your favorite sandwich toppings together or throw on the griddle for a classic grilled cheese. A secret tip: For the lightest bread with an impressive, whip your egg whites separately to stiff peak stage and then fold them gently into the rest of the batter before pouring into your loaf pan.
- 1 cup Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
- 1 cup almond meal or cashew meal (make in food processor or buy). For nut-free, use 1 cup of whole roasted pumpkin seeds and pulse in food processor for about 20 seconds until it makes a fairly fine meal.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 generous tablespoons honey
- 6 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put dry ingredients in food processor (or blender) and mix. Add wet ingredients and blend until creamy, it will be runnier than other homemade bread recipes.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake until nice and brown approximately 35-50 mins or so, depending on your oven. Top should be nice and brown.
Prep Time: 5-10 Minutes
Cook Time: 35-50 Minutes
Total Time: 40-60 Minutes