Easy Egg-Free Waffles Recipe (Vegan, Nut-Free)
Gluten-Free, Egg-Free, Grain-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan
Whether you have an egg allergy or you're just out of eggs, this recipe is a winner! Kids go bonkers for them and they're perfect for a quick breakfast on the go. Leftovers can even be used as a yummy sandwich bread! So, whatever your age, one thing is certain - this is the waffle recipe you've been looking for. Who wants waffles?!
- 1 cup Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup milk*
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice*
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
*add 1 tablespoon lemon juice into a 2 cup liquid measuring cup. Pour milk (or full-fat Coconut Milk for a vegan alternative) up to the 1 ¼ cup mark. Let sit 5 minutes before using.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour, baking soda and sea salt.
- Pour milk and lemon mixture and coconut oil into dry ingredients and whisk well to combine. If batter seems a bit thick, add additional milk a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency for your waffle iron.
- Heat up waffle iron, fill and bake according to manufacturer’s directions to get a nice and crispy brown waffle.
This recipe makes two, full sized Belgian waffles, but will make more in a traditional waffle iron since they aren't as tall