Easy Egg Free Waffles (Vegan, Nut-Free)
Gluten-Free, Egg-Free, Grain-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan
Print or Download (PDF)
- 1 cup Otto’s Naturals – Cassava flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup raw buttermilk*
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
*to prepare buttermilk, add 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a 2 cup liquid measuring cup. Pour Raw milk (or full-fat Coconut Milk for a vegan alternative) up to 1 ¼ cup mark.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the Otto’s Naturals – Cassava flour, baking soda and sea salt.
- Pour buttermilk and coconut oil into dry ingredients and whisk well to combine. If batter seems a bit thick, add additional buttermilk a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency for your waffle iron.
- Heat up waffle iron, fill and bake according to manufacturer’s directions to get a nice and crispy brown waffle.
This recipe makes two, full sized Belgium waffles, but will make more in a traditional waffle iron since they aren't as tall