Easy Egg-Free Waffles Recipe (Vegan, Nut-Free)Gluten-Free, Egg-Free, Grain-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan< Recipe and photo: @backporchpaleo
Waffles are quite possibly the most age-appropriate breakfast food in existence. Kids go bonkers for them and they're perfect for teenagers on the go. As adults, we can all appreciate a late night chicken and waffle binge. That's why this simple gluten-free and grain-free buttermilk waffle recipe is one of the most popular recipes on our site! So, whatever your age, one thing is certain - this is the waffle recipe you've been looking for. Who wants waffles?!
- 1 cup Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup raw buttermilk*
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour, baking soda and sea salt.
- Pour buttermilk and coconut oil into dry ingredients and whisk well to combine. If batter seems a bit thick, add additional buttermilk a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency for your waffle iron.
- Heat up waffle iron, fill and bake according to manufacturer’s directions to get a nice and crispy brown waffle.
This recipe makes two, full sized Belgium waffles, but will make more in a traditional waffle iron since they aren't as tall