Cassava Flour Banana Bread
Grain-Free Cassava Flour Banana Bread Recipe
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free
Recipe by Zenbelly
One of the few desserts you can get away with eating for breakfast! So easy to make and yet the results are always amazing - moist and delicious, perfectly sweet and deeply satisfying. Plus, it is totally OK to start out your morning with a slice of it. Dessert for breakfast anyone? Yes please! This gluten, grain and nut-free banana bread is so tasty you might just find yourself ending the day with a slice too.
- 3 bananas (about 1 1/2 cups when mashed)
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup avocado oil, plus more for greasing the pan
- 3⁄4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Otto’s Naturals – Cassava Flour (135 grams)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon Otto's Naturals Grain-Free Baking Powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 9 x 5-inch bread pan by lightly greasing it and lining with parchment paper. Lightly grease the parchment. Leave an overhang on both sides of the pan to make it easier to lift out the baked bread.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork (the consistency can range from completely smooth to chunky, depending on your preference).
- Whisk in the eggs, avocado oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, whisk together Otto’s Naturals – Cassava flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined and pour into the prepared bread pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until dark golden brown and baked through. Allow to cool before removing the pan and slicing.
We know we’re not the only ones who always toss a few more bananas into our shopping basket than we planned to buy. Because we know that when these nutrient-dense, naturally sweet treats start to speckle and soften, that means—yay!—Banana Bread. Rich and moist with hints of cinnamon and vanilla, our grain-free, Paleo compliant recipe, made with our premium cassava flour, is indulgent enough for dessert, but makes an irresistible breakfast on-the-go. We love toasting thick, generous slices to serve with a drizzle of honey or slathered with butter, but this versatile recipe is ripe for creativity—try your own favorite mix-ins to share with friends (we hear chocolate chips never hurt).