Easy One Bowl Top 8 Allergen Free Chocolate Cupcakes (GF, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan)
Easy One Bowl Top 8 Allergen Free Chocolate Cupcakes
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan
A rich, velvety, dark chocolate cupcake ranks right at the top of our perfect-for-any-party wish list, especially when it’s crowned with a fluffy mound of creamy chocolate frosting, and most especially when it also happens to be Top 8 allergen free (because it’s only a party when all your friends get to indulge). These ultra-moist mini desserts come together in a snap with just a handful of pantry staples, including our naturally gluten-free Cassava Flour, and can be modified to suit a variety of dietary lifestyles and personal preferences. A tip for time-crunched bakers: unfrosted cupcakes can be fully cooled and frozen for up to 3 weeks, then thawed in the fridge overnight or at room temperature for half an hour. Bring on the sprinkles!!
- 340 grams Otto’s Naturals – Cassava Flour (or 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups granulated maple sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (sub carob for AIP)
- ¾ cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups cold water (plus 5-6 tablespoons more if subbing coconut sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare muffin pans with liners.
- Combine Otto’s Naturals – Cassava Flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cocoa together into a large bowl. Mix.
- Make three wells. Pour avocado oil into one well, apple cider vinegar into second, and vanilla extract into third well.
- Pour cold water over all and stir well with a fork.
- Pour into lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Frost with your favorite icing. Recipe for ours is below.
Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free
- 1 cup organic, non-hydrogenated shortening
- ½ cup ghee or butter or vegan alternative
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons cocoa powder (or carob)
- Simply combine shortening, ghee, maple syrup and cocoa powder in a bowl and whip with a hand blender until light and fluffy.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-18 minutes
Total time: 25-30 minutes
Want to try this recipe but make a cake instead, check out our Vegan Grain-Free Chocolate Cake Recipe!