Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Gluten-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free, Grain-Free, Nut-Free
This egg-free, nut-free, grain-free, gluten-free recipe is nothing short of a personal triumph for us. The secret code has been cracked (with heavy influence from Merit & Fork whose original recipe featured 3 different flours) for the perfect chocolate chip cookie. It is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Plus, as a bonus it's even autoimmune protocol (AIP) compliant if you carob instead of chocolate.
- ½ cup Ghee, butter, or shortening
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup Coconut Sugar or Maple Sugar
- 1-½ teaspoons Vanilla
- 120 grams Otto's Naturals - Cassava Flour (or 3/4 cup unsifted)
- 1 tablespoon Grass-Fed Gelatin
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, gelatin, baking soda & salt, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix maple syrup, sugar of choice, and vanilla together and let sit for a minute or two to dissolve and hydrate.
- Add Ghee (or butter or shortening) to the bowl with maple syrup, sugar and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture all at once to the wet ingredients and stir until dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Form cookies by using a heaping tablespoon or cookie scoop for consistent sizing. Roll into a ball and then flatten a bit on your cookie sheet.
- NOTE: These will not spread at all if using Palm shortening or room temperature butter or ghee, so flatten all the way to desired dimensions prior to baking. If using melted butter or ghee refrigerate dough for a few minutes till it sets up.
- Bake for 9 to 13 minutes (11 is perfect in our oven) on an un-greased and unlined cookie sheet and let cool before serving. They will be soft at first so let them cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool down the rest of the way. The gelatin will set the cookies up as they cool.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 9-13 Minutes
Total Time: 25-30 Minutes