Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo Cereal Recipe (Cookie Crisp Copycat)
Vegan, Gluten-Free, Egg-Free, Grain-Free, Nut-Free, Dairy-Free
Recipe by Lilsipper
Who says you can't have cookies for breakfast? You're not the boss of us. This gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free recipe not only satisfies your inner 10-year old's cookie packed breakfast cereal craving, it takes it to the next level by offering some cleaner, healthier ingredient options so you can feel good about serving up a bowl (or three).
- 1 cup Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Flax Egg (1 tablespoon flax meal + 3 tablespoons water)
- Honey, Maple Syrup, Coconut Sugar or Stevia to taste
- ½ cup water, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips (option: may be cut in half for smaller pieces)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour and baking soda in a large bowl, then add coconut oil and flax egg. Mix well.
- Add honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar or stevia to taste. We add 1 tablespoon maple syrup at a time until we reach our desired sweetness. Up to you!
- Add ½ cup water and with hands, knead batter into a dough.
- Add chocolate chips to cookie dough. Knead again with hands until choc. chips are well incorporated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roll tiny balls (no larger than the size of a penny when flattened) and place on cookie sheet and press each down to flatten.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip and continue baking for another 5 minutes (watch closely as they can burn quickly due to their size).
- Let cool completely (cooling helps them "crisp up").
- Pour over milk, add to ice cream, yogurt, or snack by the handful!
Makes approx. 130 Cookie Crisps!