The Tastiest Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies (Grain-Free)
Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies Recipe (Grain-Free)
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Nut -Free
Who doesn't love sugar cookies, especially when they're free of gluten and grains?! These quick and easy gluten-free, grain-free sugar cookies taste as delicious as they look. One of our most favorite and easiest cookie recipes yet, feel free to add candies, mints, nuts or chocolate chips to fancy up these tasty treats! You'll definitely want to print this one out to include in your recipe book.
Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Ingredients
- 1 ⅓ cups of Otto’s Naturals – Cassava flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup softened butter + 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter (or palm shortening for dairy-free)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg (or 1 Tablespoon of gelatin)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Topping Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of sugar for dusting
Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Recipe Instructions
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a large bowl combine softened butter (or shortening for dairy-free) and sugar using a hand mixer
- Add egg, vanilla and melted butter to the butter and sugar mixture and mix until smooth
- In a separate bowl add Otto’s Cassava Flour, baking soda and cream of tartar and mix until combined (for egg-free, add gelatin at this step).
- Combine dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well (for egg-free, add a Tablespoon of water at a time until a nice dough forms)
- In a small bowl add 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Roll dough into tablespoon-sized balls and coat in sugar topping
- Place on baking sheet (for egg-free flatten with the bottom of a glass before baking) and bake for 6-8 minutes (for dairy-free, flatten with the bottom of a glass after baking). If doing both dairy and egg-free, flatten before baking.
(Makes approximately 24 cookies.)
If you liked this gluten-free sugar cookie recipe, be sure to check out more gluten-free sweets and treats recipes.